Become a Member
Membership in ADSA is open to organizations, institutions, and individuals engaged in data science in higher education or interested in supporting academic data science from adjacent sectors. Government, non-profit, and industry organizations: Please consider supporting ADSA with Event Sponsorships. We encourage membership in ADSA to signal support of our mission, vision, and values. We believe strongly that together we can shape the future of data science for the better and create a community of researchers and educators who take responsibility for a just, equitable future where data science approaches are thoughtfully applied in all domains for the benefit of all. ADSA members are invited to contribute to community efforts through participation in our annual events, interest groups, working groups, information sharing, and other initiatives.
ADSA activities are generally open to members and non-members alike, but individual and institutional members do have special benefits and opportunities.
Note: Annual membership follows a typical academic fiscal year: July 1st - June 30th.
FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY: Become a Founding Member of ADSA
If your institution pays membership dues by October 1st, 2021, we will list you as a Founding Member organization on our website and in our Annual Member Book. And we will give you a podium shout-out at the 2021 Leadership Summit and Annual Meeting!
- Institutional membership - $5000
- Community Colleges, Tribal Colleges and Universities, and Historically Black Colleges and Universities - $1000
Benefits ($800 face value)
- $100 off ADSA Annual Meeting registration for up to 5 participants
- One guaranteed invitation to the invite-only Data Science Leadership Summit (registration fees not included)
- $300 credit toward a Sponsor ad in the Data Science Community Newsletter (currently $500 for academic institutions, the DSCN has nearly 9,000 subscribers)
- Additional communications and outreach support, upon request
- Inclusion in the Academic Member Highlights book (2 pages per membership) - First issue releases Feb 1, 2022!
📣 * NOTE: If the Institutional Membership price is too high, consider Individual Membership. Institutions with individual members will be recognized on a Members List.
How to Join
- Students and Postdocs - $50
- Academic, non-profit, and government employees - $200
- All other sectors - $500
Benefits ($100 face value)
- $100 off ADSA annual meeting registration
- Opt-in to an ADSA member directory available only to other members
- One shout-out for a job ad, event or program announcement to our ADSA Community via our Monthly Newsletter, Twitter, and LinkedIn (no product announcements please!)
How to Join
What do you mean by “Institution”?
Because we know that some organizations house multiple data science departments, institutes, programs, and initiatives that would like to retain their individual identity, we offer institutional membership at a variety of levels. If your university or college would like a single membership (shared single member benefits), you may pool your resources for said membership. On the other hand, if multiple units within your university or college would like to retain their identities in ADSA materials (such as the Member Book) and the ADSA website, those individual units may opt for their own memberships. Non-academic entities are encouraged to support ADSA through our Sponsorships program.
What if institutional membership is too expensive?
If institutional membership cost is prohibitive, consider individual membership. Individual members may opt-in to a member directory. We will post a list of institutions with individual members on our website.