Become a Member!
ADSA Members support our team to develop events and resources that benefit the entire data science community.
Members also enjoy a variety of special benefits.
Membership is open to any academic unit, non-profit institution, or individual engaged in data science in higher education or interested in supporting academic data science from adjacent sectors. At this time, institutional membership is limited to non-profit and government organizations and academic institutions. For-profit industry and companies: Please consider supporting ADSA with Event Sponsorships. We encourage membership in ADSA to signal support of our mission, vision, and values. We believe strongly that together we can shape the future of data science for the better and create a community of researchers and educators who take responsibility for a just, equitable future where data science approaches are thoughtfully applied in all domains for the benefit of all. ADSA members are invited to contribute to community efforts through participation in our annual events, interest groups, working groups, information sharing, and other initiatives.
ADSA activities are generally open to members and non-members alike, but membership does have special benefits and opportunities. Check out the options for:
- Institutions: universities, colleges, or nonprofit organizations
- Research Labs and Small Research Institutes: research groups with less than 20 members
- Individuals: available to all sectors
Note: Annual membership follows a typical academic fiscal year: July 1st - June 30th.
FY 2022-2023 Institutional Membership
- Institutional membership - $5000
- Minority Serving Institutions, as listed in the Center for MSIs Directory - $1000
- Discounts available for 2-year community colleges and small teaching colleges
- Full individual ADSA Membership for up to 5 participants ($1000 value)
- One guaranteed invitation to the invite-only Data Science Leadership Summit (registration fees not included) and a shout-out from the podium during the event
- **NEW for first-time members only: an invitation to a Welcome cocktail hour with VIPs the evening before the Leadership Summit
- A FREE Sponsor Box in the Data Science Community Newsletter ($500 value) or any combination of 3 Featured Job or Featured Event advertisements ($600 value). The DSCN has over 8,500 subscribers.
- Additional communications and outreach support, upon request
- Inclusion in the ADSA Institutions Member Book book (2 pages per membership)
📣 * NOTE: If the Institutional Membership price is too high, consider Lab or Individual Membership. Institutions with individual or lab members will be recognized on a Members List.
FY 2022-2023 Research Lab / Small Institute Membership
Intended for any small non-profit institute, department, or organization, including in academia. Group must have < 20 paid staff + faculty/postdocs.
- $800 for any non-profit sector, including academia and government. Group MUST be smaller than 20.
- Not available to for-profit groups
FY 2022-2023 Individual Membership
- Students and Postdocs - $50
- Academic, non-profit, and government employees - $200
- All other sectors - $500
- $100 off a Featured Event or Featured Job listing in the Data Science Community Newsletter
- Advance access to ADSA community built resources
- Opt-in to an ADSA member directory available only to other members and/or the public ADSA member directory
- One shout-out for a job ad, event or program announcement to our ADSA Community via our Monthly Newsletter, Twitter, and LinkedIn (no product announcements please!)
What do you mean by “Institution”?
Because we know that some organizations house multiple data science departments, institutes, programs, and initiatives that would like to retain their individual identity, we offer institutional membership at a variety of levels. If your university or college would like a single membership (shared single member benefits), you may pool your resources for said membership. On the other hand, if multiple units within your university or college would like to retain their identities in ADSA materials (such as the Member Book) and the ADSA website, those individual units may opt for their own memberships. For-profit entities are encouraged to support ADSA through our Sponsorships program.
What if institutional membership is too expensive?
If institutional membership cost is prohibitive, consider individual membership. Individual members may opt-in to a member directory. We will post a list of institutions with individual members on our website.