It's here! View the 2022–2023 Member Book
Learn more about the data science programs represented by our members.
Become a Member!
ADSA Members support our team to develop events and resources that benefit the entire data science community.
Members also enjoy a variety of special benefits.
Membership is open to any academic unit, non-profit institution, or individual engaged in data science in higher education or interested in supporting academic data science from adjacent sectors. We encourage membership in ADSA to signal support of our mission, vision, and values. We believe strongly that together we can shape the future of data science for the better and create a community of researchers and educators who take responsibility for a just, equitable future where data science approaches are thoughtfully applied in all domains for the benefit of all.
ADSA activities are generally open to members and non-members alike, but membership does have special benefits and opportunities. Check out the options for:
- Institutions: universities, colleges, or nonprofit organizations
- Research Labs and Small Research Institutes: research groups with less than 20 members
- Individuals: available to all sectors
Note: Annual membership follows a typical academic fiscal year: July 1st - June 30th.
FY 2022-2023 Institution Membership
- Institution membership - $5000 (New members: 50% off your first year!)
- Minority Serving Institutions, as listed in the Center for MSIs Directory, 2-year colleges, and small teaching colleges – $1000
🌲 Evergreen Member🌲 – commit to 5 years of membership for the price of 4. Invoice may be billed over 2 successive years, upon request. Evergreen members get front-end placement in our Member Book and special shout-outs at events.
- Full individual ADSA Membership for up to 5 participants ($1000 value)
- One guaranteed invitation to the invite-only Data Science Leadership Summit (registration fees not included) and a shout-out from the podium during the event
- **NEW for first-time members only: an invitation to a Welcome cocktail hour with VIPs the evening before the Leadership Summit.
- A FREE Sponsor Box in the Data Science Community Newsletter ($500 value) or any combination of 3 Featured Job or Featured Event advertisements ($600 value). The DSCN has over 8,500 subscribers.
- Additional communications and outreach support, upon request
- Inclusion in the ADSA Institutions Member Book book (2 pages per membership) and our Member Directory (coming soon for FY22-23!). Check out last year's members (most have renewed).
📣 * NOTE: If the Institution Membership price is too high, consider Lab or Individual Membership. Institutions with individual or lab members will be recognized on a Members List.
How to Join ~ Institutions
To join ADSA as an institution, use this link and we will reach out to you promptly!
FY 2022–2023 Research Lab / Small Institute Membership
Intended for any small non-profit institute, department, or organization, including in academia. Group must have < 20 paid staff + faculty/postdocs.
- $800 for any non-profit sector, including academia and government. Group MUST be smaller than 20.
- Not available to for-profit groups
- 2 individual memberships,
- 1/2 page in the ADSA Institutions Member Book,
- 2 shout outs or advertisements on ADSA social media and in our ADSA Monthly Newsletter.
- Optionally, we will throw in a photo and shout out to your group in the Data Science Community Newsletter!
How to Join ~ Lab
To join ADSA as a lab group, use this link and we will reach out to you promptly!
FY 2022-2023 Individual Membership
- Students and Postdocs - $50
- Academic, non-profit, and government employees - $200
- All other sectors - $500
- $100 off a Featured Event or Featured Job listing in the Data Science Community Newsletter
- Advance access to ADSA community built resources
- Opt-in to an ADSA member directory available only to other members and/or the public ADSA member directory
- One shout-out for a job ad, event or program announcement to our ADSA Community via our Monthly Newsletter, Twitter, and LinkedIn (no product announcements please!)
What do you mean by “Institution”?
Because we know that some organizations house multiple data science departments, institutes, programs, and initiatives that would like to retain their individual identity, we offer institutional membership at a variety of levels. If your university or college would like a single membership (shared single member benefits), you may pool your resources for said membership. On the other hand, if multiple units within your university or college would like to retain their identities in ADSA materials (such as the Member Book) and the ADSA website, those individual units may opt for their own memberships. For-profit entities are encouraged to support ADSA through our Sponsorships program.
What if institutional membership is too expensive?
If institutional membership cost is prohibitive, consider individual membership. Individual members may opt-in to a member directory. We will post a list of institutions with individual members on our website.