Career Development Network
Here you can learn about the activities of ADSA's Career Development Network. New this year, the CDN is taking over ADSA's Community Blog. Stay tuned for informative content on data science careers, data science research, overviews of new tools and workflows, data science teaching resources, and interviews with data scientists like you!
💼 And don't forget to check out our Career Panel Series to learn what it means to be a data scientist in different fields, and how to get those jobs!
Interested in becoming a CDN Member?
We are excited to welcome new members to the network. Please let us know if you are interested in joining us!
CDN Activity Themes:
- CONNECTING: Building an interdisciplinary community of collaborative researchers and educators through regular communications and in-person meetings
- SHARING: Promoting knowledge and skill sharing to enable members to stay up-to-date with rapid developments in methods, tools, software, and pedagogy and integrate new approaches into their research and teaching
- MENTORING: Creating mentorship relationships between members to support career development
- FUNDING: Assembling interdisciplinary teams of members to jointly pursue competitive funding for collaborative research, and connecting existing research teams to available funding opportunities
Learn more about our Seed Grant program!
2021 CDN Executive Committee
- Garret Christensen (UC Berkeley)
- Alexander Franks (UC Santa Barbara)
- Ciera Martinez (UC Berkeley)
- Lauren Ponisio (University of Oregon)
- Maryam Vareth (UC Berkeley)
- Micaela Parker (ADSA, ex officio)